Storie originali > Fantasy
Segui la storia  |       
Autore: Talesteller    06/05/2012    0 recensioni
This is my first attemp to write down an actual tale in a language who isn't the one I speak everyday.
I don't know is someone is actually going to read it, but I need opinions about my written English, and suggestions.
The most famous academy of eastern Europe is close to the final exam before the summer break, but something mysterious is going along the Academy's sumptuos corridors...
Genere: Thriller | Stato: in corso
Tipo di coppia: non specificato
Note: nessuna | Avvertimenti: nessuno
Capitoli:
 <<    >>
Per recensire esegui il login o registrati.
Dimensione del testo A A A
The rhythmic sound of someone knocking on the door disturbed him and brought him back to reality from the depths of the philosophical books of his library. He put the book on the desk, and travelled to the studio, annoyed from that interruption, and opened the door locker.
His face immediately turned much less serious.
-Good afternoon, Mr. Moras. I know it’s very late, but I’d need some of your valuable time. Do you have any for me?-
-Of course, there’s always time for bright minds- He closed the door again and removed the security chain, then opened it widely –Come in, sir- The student walked inside the room.
He was wearing a long, black coat with strange drawings on the chest and a broad-brimmed hat.
Such an unusual wearing for those hot days.
-You’re much more kind than other teacher, Mr. Moras-
-Oh, thank you- The teacher closed the door and locked it with both the chain and the lock –But now let’s talk about what brings you here-
-Nothing more than a question-
-What kind of question?- The professor walked ‘til a table near the entrance to the studio, and pointed at the only chair in the room, the one near the writing desk.
-Oh no thanks, I’ll stay just a moment- The student leant on a desk between the teacher and the entrance door –You knew everything, didn’t you?- The professor’s face turned back serious.
-What are you talkin’ about?-
-When had you planned to tell the student about it?-
-What are you saying, be clear! This is not the usual you!-
-You have never known me. No one of you has never known me-
-What is this? What are you saying?-
-How have you known? Where did you discover the Sanctum?-
-What… You’re worrying me. What is the Sanctum? Be clear for once!-
-The Crypt. You’re not digging new halls and tunnels. You’re just searching Arthur’s Sanctum. I have seen. I know. You only have to tell me how-
-I don’t know what you’re talking about. And if I knew something, I wouldn’t tell you-
-I bet you would- He suddenly raised his right hand, revealing a strange kind of metal glove.
He pointed it to the professor, and with a small and short lightning, in his open span appeared a pulsing, white sphere of Dark Energy.
-That…-
-…Is something you couldn’t ever dream to master. Something you don’t want to master. Just know that this is more powerful than anything you teach us. You and your colleagues are raising a generation of students thinking in one direction, thinking that there is one magic, one continent, one civilized world. But this is not why I am here. I want to know. How did you know about the Sanctum!- He released the sphere, which flew across the air at an insane speed, towards the head of the professor.
He was quick enough to get on his knees and avoiding the deadly bullet, which crashed on the safe behind him.
-Stop this now, and I may tell the order service this was an accident-
-I will not stop until I’ll have what I came for- He replied, with his hand pointed to the professor a new spell ready in it –There are three things I want to know. First, how you found out about the Sanctum. Second, what do you know about it. Third, what you hope to find there-
-I… I know few. I am nothing but a… messenger. They only give me things to give to other people-
-Who are you talking about, you useless pig?-
-Kill me, and you’ll never have a word by me-
-Tell me all you know about the Sanctum-
-There was some sort of… clue, located under the Old Fort of Heinreichburg. It spoke about an underground tunnel located close to the Mausoleum. That was ancient stuff, of the time of The Dragons. Since then, all I had were coded messages-
-What did they tell? How can you have known nothing? It was you who started the digging, you who overlook the work. Tell me more!-
-They talked about something very ancient. I don’t remember… yes, they didn’t say nothing. It was just The Ancients- A lightning crossed the student’s face.
-What did they tell? How are The Ancients linked to the Sanctum?-
-I don’t know. I don’t even know who are The Ancients. I only had the order to find it. I’m sorry, I know nothing more-
-All right then. One last thing, I’ll let you go. Who did you give the orders? Who are you working for?-
-I will die before telling this-
-I don’t think so, you dog- The student grabbed the collar of the professor’s suit.
He felt the burning heat of the whirling spell on his visage.
The young man’s hand started getting closer and closer.
-Okay, stop this, I’ll tell you-
-Let’s hear what you have to say, first-
-After the Reconstruction, five families created a secret order to protect this place. It was called the All-Seeing Eye- The visage of the student got a little less furious.
He interrupted the spell in his hand and relaxed just a bit.
Only to understand his big mistake.
The professor sneaked away from his grasp, and ran towards the open window of the studio.
-Help! If someone…- The window shut on his neck, so strong that the wooden window frame crashed. He ran back shouting, only to be grabbed once again by the student, and thrown on the desk by the door.
-What did you hope to do, you fool? You cannot lie to me!-
-Philosophy is not just a way to understand our world, you should know that- He changed position on the table, reached the door and started unlocking the security chain.
-Don’t you try to do it, idiot!-
A burning, white, circular flame impacted his left hand, setting the flesh on fire.
Screaming as he never believed he could have done, he jumped down, smashing his flaming hand on the right chick of his aggressor, who shouted while trying to grab him again, without succeeding.
He ran  towards the studio, holding on the desk on which there was the safe, now just a mount of ruined sheets.
A white circle of energy crossed his leg, separating the thigh from the calf.
He would have shouted ‘til burning his throat, but he found his mouth kept shut by a black, burning tape which soon enveloped all the rest of his body.
He fell to the ground, prey of convulsions and terribly screaming, even despite the tape.
-You could have avoided yourself this, Mr.- Whispered the student, with the right hand wrapped in a blazing white spell.
At that moment, with his more-than-human ear, he heard a voice.
A male, a young one. It was approaching.
Curse.
He lunched the spell to the heart of the man, killing him on instant.
He didn’t have time to destroy or take away the corpse if he wanted to not be seen.
He thought of setting the place on fire, but then he saw the papers spread all around the room by the explosion of the safe.
Maybe, the answers he was looking for were between them. But he had no time to search for them.
The only thing he could do was to hope that the absence of the professor would have been noticed as late as possible so that he could come back.
With a grimace of anxiety, he jumped out of the window.
  
Leggi le 0 recensioni
Segui la storia  |        |  Torna su
Cosa pensi della storia?
Per recensire esegui il login oppure registrati.
Capitoli:
 <<    >>
Torna indietro / Vai alla categoria: Storie originali > Fantasy / Vai alla pagina dell'autore: Talesteller